Would you like to get more from your current resources? Would you like to get higher billable hours from your technical talent? Would you like to gain a distinct competitive advantage?
Join us for…
Leading and Managing Technical Talent:
Turning Technical Experts into Trusted Advisors
October 25, 2010
San Diego, CA
2010 Service Industry Summit
Technical experts who achieve trusted advisor status with their customers provide your organization with a distinct competitive advantage. Their value to your organization is immense. Yet, on average, only about five percent
of technical talent enjoys this special relationship.
This one-day, highly interactive workshop teaches the critical concepts, practices, methods, and tools required to effectively lead and manage your technical talent. Implementing what is taught will help you increase the number of your trusted advisors and improve the competencies of all your people to add more value for your customers and more value to your organization. There are two ways to attend:
LEARN MORE What Makes this Workshop Unique?
- Attend the pre-summit workshop for only $799
- Attend the workshop and the Summit
Dr. Jim Alexander, the workshop leader, has conducted five studies (including the industry leading Transitioning Technical Experts into Trusted Advisors)
to determine the best practices that separate the very best from all the
rest. In addition, he as consulted and trained organizations on this topic for over 15 years. Therefore, everything
taught is research-based, yet highly practical—and actionable. Participants will leave this hands-on
session motivated to use the information and tools learned to immediately improve the performance of their technical talent.Who Should Attend?
Any executive or manager who has responsibility for technical talent who interact with your customers and all others looking for ways to improve profitable growth.What You Will Learn
• The benefits gained from increasing your number of trusted advisors.
• Highlights from Alexander’s latest trusted advisor research.
• What trusted advisors do that others don’t do.
• Where your people are on the Technical Talent Continuum.
• How your people stack up today on the Trusted Advisor Assessment.
• The six trust builders.
• The 10 commandments of trust-based consulting.
• The 12 success levers.
• The four trusted advisor capabilities.
• The six business development roles.
• Core relationship skills.
• Why everyone who touches the customer needs to sell.
• Influencing with integrity.
• Influencing the senior executive.
• Creating value.
• Steps to increasing your people’s business acumen.
• Special issues in managing knowledge workers.
• How to assess your technical force.LEARN MORE